PURPOSE OF COURSE: LEARN AND LIVE
This course is to instruct the Certified Nursing Assistant on basic infection control measures for reducing the transmission of communicable diseases in the health care setting. The Certified Nursing Assistant has many responsibilities, but the most important one is the patient safe. The nurse’s aide needs to understand infection control to keep both the patient and themselves safe.
On completion of this course, the learning will be able to:
- Define basic infection control
- Identify five methods of transmission of communicable diseases
- Define universal or standard precautions
- Identify different types of pathogenic agents
- Identify which disease-causing agent responds to antibiotic therapy
- Identify three different types of blood-borne illnesses
- Identify important handwashing rules
- Identify a causative agent that is not killed by hand sanitizer or alcohol.
- Describe contact, airborne, and bloodborne transmission