The purpose of this course is to instruct the learner on the difference between HIV and AIDS and to identify the current state of the epidemic and its implications for healthcare workers including protection.
By the end of this course, the learner will be able to do the following:
- Describe the difference between HIV/AIDS.
- Identify three common ways of transmission.
- Discuss current state of epidemic both in United States and worldwide.
- List three ways to prevent or minimize transmission.
- Describe latency period
- Describe diagnostic testing.
- Identify current treatments.
- Identify ways that a healthcare worker can protect themselves from exposure.
- Identify current issues and trends that are now important in management of HIV infection and prevention.
- List 3 teaching needs of the general population to help spread awareness and minimize infection.